Preloader image

Careers


Date posted: 29/03/2017

Back-End/Full-Stack Web Developer Position


Back-End/Full-Stack Web Developer Position

Spongelab is a learning technology company and a leader in advancing the integration of cutting edge game and simulation technologies for teaching and learning purposes. Our design approach is based around building content-rich immersive teaching tools designed around discovery-based learning that are intimately woven into the fabric of platform technologies and adaptive user experiences.

Spongelab's business is built around STITCH, our gamified data-driven learning platform technology. STITCH is a cloud-based learning system designed to supply "education as a service" following SaaS models of software delivery, but designed to be a complete service - a unique and distinguishing approach from traditional EdTech initiatives. STITCH encompasses a unique array of functional systems components spanning not just the technology workflow but the practical utility and motivation of the required users and stakeholders. Because of this blended approach, STITCH is an integral component of advanced learning ecosystems - providing a complete solution or letting organizations pick and choose from features you want to use to enhance your current learning technology infrastructure.

    Skill sets we're looking for:
  • Participating in agile software development, prototyping and code reviews with a small team of developers
  • Spending about 75% of the time writing code, and the other 25% getting feedback from customers, deciding which features to build and how, unit testing, and sharing your great work.
  • Participating in architectural decisions and infrastructure deployment of cloud-based resources.
  • Unit and performance testing software under load to ensure reliability and scalability
  • Troubleshooting and solving complex problems

    Background requirements:
  • 1 + years working on / developing enterprise-scale web applications / services
  • B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, related fields, or equivalent experience
  • Experience with Java / J2EE, Web MVC Frameworks (Spring), ORM (Hibernate, JPA), Relational Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL), Java Application Servers (glassfish, apache tomcat)
  • Excellent judgement, both in technical and organizational problem solving.
  • Experience with AWS (specifically: EC2, RDS, and S3)
  • Experience working in an Agile / Rapid Prototyping environment
  • Solid understanding of version control principles, preferably using Git
  • Understanding of the Front End aspects of an application - comfortable with HTML, CSS, JavaScript / Angular.JS a plus
  • Superior written and verbal communication skills with both technical peers and non-technical partners



If you wish to let us know about yourself, contact us here!